Jonathan

Thursday, April 27, 2006

First week in Cusco!



I´m having lots of fun in Peru and getting acclimated to Cusco. Today I had classes as usual then went on a tour of the city and saw some ancient Incan sights outside of Cusco. I´m a little frustrated with the profesera at my school...she´s good and means well but doesn´t speak English. So learning is going well, but I have to stop and constantly look up words in the translation dictionary which takes a lot of extra time. I also have to turn around and explain the English translation to the teacher. She´s probably learning as much as I am.

The Incan sights that I saw today were awesome. In one sight I walked into a cave area where the Incan High Priest performed sacrifices on Incan children between the ages of 4 and 14. Some of the sites were at an elevation of 12,000ft and were surrounded by spectacular views of the Andes.