Jonathan

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Paragliding school in Lima, Peru...


Day 1- What a cool feeling fliying over the skies. I had my first day of school today. I hope to have some good pics for you of flying in the days to come!!! The iguana belongs to my flight instructor, Micheal.

Day 2- Today I feel as if I´ve acheived the impossible by climbing tandem in a paraglider to a altitude higher than the 17 story buildings that we soared by.

Late this morning in the sand dunes 20km south of Lima, I started my training using a more high tech glider than the one I used on day one. I floated on air above the desert floor and practiced turns in the glider. Later on this afternoon when the wind was right Micheal and I sucessfully attempted a tandem flight which launched us high over the littoral cliffy beach and the buildings of Miraflores.

Paragliding is an intense extreme sport that makes the participant soar like an eagle. I can´t wait to progress more, although this afternoon I was slighty petrofied of our height. If we had fallen from that height, we would have been dead in a matter of seconds!