Jonathan

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Change of travel plans/directions...

The Chino/Canadian, Sandra Do (the only Chinese girl I´ve ever met who has a mustache), with whom I was traveling with flaked out on me and left last night. She barely even told me goodbye. As usual I¨ve managed to turn what could have been a stressful situation, into a serendipitious one. Fortunately, some other folks from my school (2 girls from NZ and a guy from USA-KC) were staying at my hostal. I´ve hooked onto their group and will be traveling to Salar de Uyuni (the salt flats) tonight. I begin the tour of Salar de Uyuni tomorrow...the tour will end on Wednesday and instead of crossing into San Pedro Chile, the tour will loop back to and end in Uyuni, Bolivia. From Uyuni we will make our way on a bus to Salta, Argentina. I´m going to split from the girls in Salta and will cross into Chile. I should still have plenty of time to make Arequipa by June 15th and will get to see more of South America due to this change of plans...