Jonathan

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Salar De Uyuni and the surrounding landscapes...










Driving that train...




The views are some of the prettiest I´ve ever scene. Here are a few pics. The tour lasted 4 days and the majority of the tour was spent in a ragged out 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser. I love old trains so the tour started out by visiting and old train cemetary. Further along the tour I saw many lakes with beautifully colored water. The color of the water is enhanced by the minerals that float into the lake water. The reflections of the mountians as you can see in my pictures are extremely aesthetically appealling. There was a lot of post and current scenes cuased by geothermal activity on along the tour. I saw red, green, and blue lakes as well as hot springs and steam mud pits. One of my morning highlights was relaxing in naturally made hot spring beside a mountain laced gorgeous lake. I especially enjoyed watching the European women bath freely with their tops off as did the other gentleman in the hot springs.

There are many exotic landscapes to see on the Salar de Uyuni tour. One of the spots is appropraitely titled Dali s Rocks. I also especially enjoyed seeing the wild life at 4000m. Seeing the pink flamingos at that altitude was spectactular. I hope you enjoy the pics that I ve enclosed.

=====

The group pic was taken at Laguna Verde which is near the Bolivian-Chilean border.